Country: United States
Industry: Software engineering
ACELynk is an open secure web-enabled, Cloud-based service that allows filing and managing Customs entries for border, air and vessel shipments. It enables filers to submit entries through web interface or electronically through API (Application Program Interface).
- Threat of terrorism after the tragic incident of 9/11 attacks.
- More frequent changes in the US Customs regulations than ever before.
- Increased complexity of the forms submitted by importers and brokers to the US Customs.
- Inclusion of many new categories which further complicated the filing procedure that needed to be completed
ACELynk aimed to become the premier cloud services provider for Custom’s submissions this by integrating their cloud hosted front end (AceLynk) with US Customs’ Automated Commercial System (ACS).
Allied Consultants connected the AceLynk (ASP.NET) front end to the IBM Mainframes running the ACS system. Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 was used to parse messages, transform them to ABI/ACS requirements formats and to transmit the messages in a reliable and secure manner. The web application is ported to the cloud using Microsoft Azure services enabling a cost-effective, flexible, reliable and salable front end for the application.
The company has plans to offer the integration services as a third party cloud services.
- Fewer errors while filing, faster turn-around
- Scalability to increased volumes of traffic and diversity of broker interfaces across the world
- Cost effective delivery driven 95% offshore