Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
This module is part of the greater Enterprise Supply Chain Management solution and serves as a bridge between the ERP and SCADA modules. It helps aligning and optimizing production processes across stages of production cycle from design stage to final delivery.
- Defining Resources: Use means of production or tools of production to define the time spent in the assembly and the costs associated with an operation. Units of measure and conversion rates are defined. Cost types, resource rates and overheads are recorded and updated.
- Bill of Materials (BOM): Create Multi-tier BOMs. Generate BOM listings and consolidated BOM reports. Check bill loops through loop reports. Automatically performs single level cost rollups for standard material and labor costs. Pull down menus facilitate shipments, order placement and history, PO, SO, invoicing procedures.
- Manufacturing workflow (Routing): Create, schedule and view routings and writing routing queries. Adding/deleting sequences from routings. BOM routing Link window to connect routing sequence to component usage. Workflows and line operations are defined and scheduled. Workflow responsibilities and priorities are assigned and validated. Process types are categorized. Node tabs enable entering operations against each product manufacturing. Resource rates and product costing are entered. New orders can be viewed, details checked and uploaded in ERP. Costs billings and delivery flows are triggered. Labor, cost&time and overheads are calculated for operations. Routing Reports are created for manufacturing routing information. Lead times are calculated for any item or product. Material variances are tracked and actual vs standard cost comparisons are done. Workflow editor and Node sequencing schedule operations in a sequence, set triggers and alerts.
- Work in Progress(WIP): Automatically generated work orders from quotes. Tracks finished items and auto-creates issue transactions. Work orders are entered, and components and items are received against them. Costs of items are calculated and adjustments can be made. Create, manage and track sales orders(SO) and purchase orders(PO). Converts sales quotations to sales orders and plans, confirms and executes production orders from sales orders. Manufacturing orders(MO) are created, pick-lists are built and statuses can be checked. Component transactions are posted. Items are moved from inventory and are tracked by production site, time etc. Unused raw materials are logged. Wastes and scrap materials are recorded. Labor time and machine time tracking or back flushing is performed. MO are closed and back flushed item quantities, machine&labor amounts are calculated. MO,PO, invoicing for outsourced services are handled. Labor information is recorded from Time card.
- Material Requirements and Resource Planning (MRP): MRP engine tracks availability of raw materials, capacity of machines, and inventory levels for purchased parts to estimate constraints on required order delivery. Capacity requirements can be examined as per production line or manufacturing schedule. Master production is synced with order entry and Available-to-promise(ATP) process. Optimizer functionality creates alternate work plans and simulates rescheduling of orders based on lead time and resource capacity. Plans can be accepted, rejected and associated dependent requirements generated.
- Manufacturing Collaboration & Analytics: Plant-floor up to enterprise-level systems are integrated. Access levels are defined and ISA-95 standard based data availability provided. The module bridges between ERP and Industrial control system (ICS) and provides a Human-Machine Interface. Fetches data from disparate sources for insights to manufacturing metrics. Analysis across production sites. KPI such as Quality, On-time delivery, Overall Equipment Effetciveness(OEE) and Production functions are visually monitored from VP and Plant manager dashboards. Unit cycles are calculated for each manufacturing resource. Product and resource costing are filed. Overlap units, queue times are measured. Meantime to failure is evaluated.
Explore how IT can help your business by
- Just in time material planning(JIT)
- Lean Inventory level
- Lean and Agile Manufacturing