Sprouts is a non-profit that aims to promote entrepreneurship, create new jobs and raise the standard of living by
providing seed funding to people who do not have access to financing through conventional banking and related services. The Sprouts initiative was created to tap into the vast pool of entrepreneurs and enable them to turn their ideas into reality. The vision behind the Sprouts program is to spark and promote new ideas, encourage healthy entrepreneur culture, and self-reliance in the region.
Salient Features Of Sprouts
- No discrimination of race, religion, gender, or industry
- Financing up to Rs. 500,000 per project
- Completely interest-free financing
- Flexible repay options
- Complete support throughout the financing period, including
- Financial auditing
- Business development training
- Book maintenance training
- Staff training and guidance
- Marketing training
- Post-maturity support services at competitive rates
Who can benefit from Sprouts?
- who can demonstrate leadership abilities.
- who aim to engage in business activities to generate income and achieve financial stability for themselves and their families.
- who have ideas with social value, contributing towards the overall betterment of the people.
- who have a passion for innovation and exploring new possibilities.
- who can become good leaders and who can contribute towards capacity building.
Are There Any Preferences?
- who have extensive, verifiable experience in the field of their proposed project.
- who already have a pilot project running for three or more months with verifiable results.
- who can make a partial financial contribution to the project.
Terms & Conditions
- The applicant must be a Pakistani national, holding a valid CNIC.
- The applicant must not be actively involved in any ongoing criminal investigation in any Pakistani court of law.
- The applicant must have primary level education.
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the goals, challenges, and opportunities specific to himself/herself and his/her proposed idea.
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate a commitment to, and a need for the proposed business idea.
- The applicant must have prepared a clear and detailed proposal covering all necessary aspects of the proposed business.
- The applicant must demonstrate his/her physical and mental ability to execute the proposed business.
- If the applicant’s proposed project is found to be suitable for funding, a contract must be signed by both parties (the applicant, representing his/her business, and Sprouts) which shall state the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Sprouts shall retain 51% shares of the proposed business till the end of the contract or till the full repayment of the loan. In case the contract period expires before the loan is fully repaid, Sprouts, at its discretion, shall decide if the outstanding loan amount is to be waived off or if the business is to be liquidated and the outstanding loan amount is to be recovered.
- The contract shall be for a period of 3 months to 2 years, after which time the contract shall be re-evaluated and either the
entrepreneur will return the loan amount in full or Sprouts will assume full ownership of the business.
- The applicant must provide the following documents before a contract can be signed:
- Copy of a valid CNIC
- Bank statement (where applicable) of the last 6 months
- Proof of employment (where applicable)
- Proof of residence
- Two references (excluding blood relations)
- The decision taken by Sprouts management regarding the approval of the loan shall be considered final and cannot be contested by the applicant or his/her representatives.
- Each applicant can apply for only one project at one time. In case the proposal is rejected, the applicant can reapply for the same project or a different one with a fresh application.
- The applicant will not be eligible for a second loan while a contract is already active in his/her name.
What is the application process?
The following is the process of application:
- The applicant sends a formal business proposal to Sprouts via email.
- The proposal should include
- Complete contact details of all stakeholders and their proposed designations.
- Executive summary (no more than 1 page)
- General business description
- Industry insight/analysis
- Details of products/services
- Marketing plan
- Operational plan
- Organizational structure (if applicable)
- Personal financial statements of all stakeholders (6 months)
- Startup expenses breakdown
- Financial plan
- Audit plan
- Details of property, equipment, and resources owned or to be
- The proposal is evaluated by the Sprouts team.
- If the proposal is approved for presentation, the applicant will be invited to formally present his/her idea to the team followed by a question/answer session.
- A final evaluation of the proposal is conducted.
- If approved, the applicant is informed and the legal paperwork is drafted and signed by both parties.
- Funds are transferred to the business’ bank account.
- Regular visits by the audit and business support team are initiated.
- Upon full repayment of the loan, the contract is closed and the shares owned by Sprouts are transferred to the entrepreneur.