MFlex | Integration portal for Electronic Manufacturing company
Location: Irvine, California
Industry: Electronic Manufacturing
Apple.Inc explicitly stated “if Mflex wants to work with them, then their whole supply chain management should be automated.
Whereas, Automated Supply Chain refers to systematizing part or all of a workflow to improve processes. In essence, it means utilizing technology to centrally manage a complex web of working parts
Apple Buy/Sell Project team initiated Buy/Sell Automation Project.
Apple required it's OEM and suppliers which would able to support both manual and EDI transactions in parallel.
MFLEX did not have (purchase to pay) the EDI process in place. To support Apple’s project, MFLEX needed to carry out the EDI process in JDEdwards and use Biztalk to automate business data exchange with Apple.
The goals were:
· Supporting Apple Buy/Sell Project
· Implementing Purchase to Pay EDI process
· Automating EDI business data exchange with Apple.
Allied Consultants engaged MFLEX to conduct a detailed analysis of the various systems and parties involved. The evaluation includes -
• The systems and protocols involved
• The semantics and schematics of the files produced by these systems
• The business process and business rules involved in the business data exchange process at MFLEX.
Allied developed an Integration Portal that allows business users to view and correct data received from Apple Inc. and then send it to MFLEX. The system checks for new data from Apple Inc. and attempts to confirm the data for submission to JDEdwards, which is ultimate to MFLEX for reconciliation.
• Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
• ASP.NET 4.0, JQuery
• JD Edwards