Demand Planning / Forecasting
Demand planning solution helps in systemizing the process of predicting demand, deals in maintaining inventory and make sure right balance of material to confront anticipated demand. With forecasting accuracy, managers can drive efficient sourcing and production since right forecast guides the right supply chain activities. Solution generates and tracks forecasts according to business needs. This includes sales, marketing, logistics and financials. Solution reconciles difference in functional groups and helps in improving profit margins through detailed product forecasts. Solution also helps in creating demand history, statistical analysis and forecasts for manufacturers and distributors. With the help of solution sales results and forecasts can be calculated. The solution helps primarily with
- Calculate Demand Plans: The solution allows users to calculate demand projections, also set parameters to gauge sales forecast, propensities, variations based on seasonal changes. To meet varying business needs, solution shuffles demand plans accordingly.
- Calculate Supply Plans: The solution automates buying and logistics process to avoid unnecessary stocks. Solution helps to regulate position and allocation of materials.
- Work Orders: Solution analyzes demand history and applies information to predict for future jobs. It notifies the troubled items, suppliers, vendors and salespersons.
- Analyze demand history: Solution analyzes demand history and applies information to predict for future jobs. It notifies the troubled items, suppliers, vendors and salespersons.
- Improve forecast accuracy: Solution helps in improving forecast accuracy as it keeps analysis of previously demanded products. Customers’ and management’s input is also used to empower implementation of intentional plans.
- Gross requirement inquiry: The solution provides visibility of current stock and managers can inquire material requirements to fulfill forecasted production and purchase orders.
Explore Other Examples
Explore how IT can help your business by
- Understanding demand of top-selling items
- Reduce stock-outs and overstocks
- Reduce cost, risk, lost sales and delays
- Eliminate redundant and obsolete inventory
- Shorten cycle times
- Streamline and accelerate supply-side processes
- Present data graphically
- Calculate and rank codes by cost, price, weight, volume, units, or profits