Internet of things (IoT) for Health and Fitness
The solution details the opportunities in IoT for health and fitness companies. Companies in this industry typically offer Gym activities, Aerobics, Sports, family and wellness experiences.
Predictive maintenance of electrical equipment
Using Power measurement (of say a treadmill) the company can identify:
- Usage patterns for machines during the day/week/month
- Overall hrs used (to pre-empt maintenance)
- Identify patterns out of norm (like a broken motor or something of the likes).
Pool Water quality
Monitoring of non-electrical equipment
Could be done using Kinect or additional sensors attached to the machines
Richer customer experience:
- Richer customer training experiences using Kinect. E.g. system could alert a trainer when a weight lifter is using the wrong posture.
- Deeper health and cardio profiles of customers through wearable devices.
- Mobile apps to measure dietary intake and conformance to health plans
- Better health and fitness plans using Big Data. e.g. monitor if a certain profession with react better to a particular health regime.
Facility power maintenance
- Turn lights on only when players are in the field/room
- Look at power consumed per machine and optimize
- Networked reinfocements, rewards on goals, integration with wearables
Explore how IT can help your business by
- Government and Public service
- Real Estate & Construction
- Freight, Logistics, Transportation & Warehousing
- Accomodation and Food
- Construction & Engineering
- Education and Research
- Entertainment, Recreation and Arts
- Professional and Technical Services
- Law services
- Travel and Tourism