Internet of things (IoT) for Health and Fitness
The solution details the opportunities in IoT for health and fitness companies. Companies in this industry typically offer Gym activities, Aerobics, Sports, family and wellness experiences. Predictive maintenance of electrical equipment Using Power measurement (of say a treadmill) the company can identify:
- Usage patterns for machines during the day/week/month
- Overall hrs used (to pre-empt maintenance)
- Identify patterns out of norm (like a broken motor or something of the likes).
- Richer customer training experiences using Kinect. E.g. system could alert a trainer when a weight lifter is using the wrong posture.
- Deeper health and cardio profiles of customers through wearable devices.
- Mobile apps to measure dietary intake and conformance to health plans
- Better health and fitness plans using Big Data. e.g. monitor if a certain profession with react better to a particular health regime.
- Turn lights on only when players are in the field/room
- Look at power consumed per machine and optimize
- Networked reinfocements, rewards on goals, integration with wearables
Explore Other Examples
Explore how IT can help your business by
- Predictive Maintenance of equipment
- Deeper / Richer customer experience
- Power Savings