The Warehouse Management System(WMS) can optimize the warehouse operations or work as a module by integrating with the greater Supply Chain and Manufacturing solution. While most solutions focus on the wholesale or retail sectors, portions of the system can be used extensively across a wide range of industries. Common features of the system include:
- Handle Receivings: The solution facilitates to create and views receipts and Bills of Lading, receives Purchase Orders(PO),Return Orders(RO), accepts advanced shipment notices(ASN) ,requisitions and vouchers. Unique barcodes are assigned in the inventory for receiving each arriving shipment. Entire or partial shipments are received. Unique LPN is assigned to each item. Item details such as serials, batch or lot numbers, weight, quantity, dates are stored .Disposition codes are assigned to Return Order products to aid inspection. Conflicting claims are highlighted. Shortage situation alerts are given and directions given for Cross dock or regular storage options.
- Manage Put-away: When a receipt is closed put-away processes are auto-triggered. QC zone and Storage receive their part of receipt. Check methods are defined for inspection. Move request is created for items after inspection. Stack methods are defined(FIFO, manual, automatic).
- Optimize Picking: Move or Relocate items against customer orders from Storage area to picking area/bays. Order picking methods are defined (Picker to part, Part to picker). Items are sorted according to customer orders. Transfer requirements and orders are created for stock rotation. Wave Picking is provided. Picking routes and stock rotate alternatives are simulated on the dashboards.
- Wave Planning: Workload can be scheduled through Wave planning into short intervals and prioritized by order or function.Waves are planned and created against Labor and resource requirements. Criteria are set on order types and waves scheduled and released for order fulfillment. Wave Release sequence rules are set. Wave reports are generated.Number of Waves, Orders, Order-lines and wave statuses can be checked. Labor statistics are plotted. Total capacity and workload is monitored. Pick, Replenishment, Put-away tasks can be assigned.
- Shipping: Warehouse billing procedures are put in-place. Integrates with Logistics Service Providers(LSP) software and provides Real time integration to create activity based invoices on demand. Sales Orders(Standard, POS, Warehouse) are created. Service items can be viewed and billed for as per client contracts. Billing price is agreed as per quantities, billing period and contracts through sales and distribution techniques. Invoices are created and can be viewed. Billing transactions are tracked.
- Forecasting/Replenishment: Store order leveling provides truckload/workload balancing at distribution centers. Algorithms reduce the free shelf-space and maintain lean stock levels. Material master record is maintained. . Material data, Unit of measure(UOM), pelleting instructions are stored. Storage location specific data is stored. . Max, Min Bin quantities, replenishment quantities, Bin Sizes are calculated. Work scheduling is done.
- Dashboards and Analytics: Real time data is populated on COO and Inventory Manager dashboards to provide Daily shipments, shipping volumes and destinations and worker productivity stats. Dashboards can be customized to monitor metrics from Inbound/Outbound or process activities. Order lead time(OLT) and Order processing time(OPT) are calculated. Holding Costs, Ordering and Shortage Costs are calculated. Order quantities and annual costs are plotted in a graph for Cost minimizing analysis. Reordering points are elicited.
- Quality Control(QC): Item for inspection are inspected as per QC standards. Cold storage requirement, humidity conditions, ventilation, fragility, pelleting, details are accounted for. Unit load racking standards are defined and checked. Location and Aisle numberings are allotted for ground storage and Rack Storage. Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS or AS/RS) is integrated with for Put-away and Picking. Pallets, Cartons and items are tagged with RFID. Order verification, picking and pelleting is optimized by Bar code scanning. Real time locating system (RTLS) can track RFID from hundreds of feet away. Stock rotation algorithms are deployed.
- Integration with Softwares: The module integrates seemlessly with Quickbooks fishbowl inventory, CRM and ERP and provides Kit-to-Order, Kit-to stock features for distribution requirement planning; Integrates with Manufacturing automation module and provides build-to-customer, and built-to-order fulfillment. Voice directed warehousing (VDW) and speech recognition programs are integrated for efficient picking.
Explore Other Examples
Explore how IT can help your business by
- Reduce Travel & Cycle Times
- Increased Picking accuracy
- Increased Inventory accuracy
- Increase cube utilization
- Improve Warehouse lead time
- Decrease Order Processing Time(OPT)
- Minimize Search time
- Avoid theft and pilferage